Tuesday 2 January 2007

Right. This is it.

Diet starts again, for real, tomorrow morning. Honest.

Today: 2 bits marzipan, 1 cheesy doritoes sandwich, 1 strawberry tart, 2 ham & p.d'a sandwiches 1 packet cheese and onion french fries, 1 strawberry bar, lamb, chips, 2 yorkshire puddings, peas, mint jelly and lindt chocolates.

I disgust myself. Christmas and New Year are now over.

I have had a big tantrum today about the state of the house and have left OH reading the Ikea catalogue. I have also decided that when I reach a weight I am happy with, I am going to ring round some riding schools and book some lessons.

Although. Do I want to? Really? My old horse saved my sanity while I had her, she really did, then I found OH and didnt/dont really 'need' her anymore. I make jokes about when i get the money from having sold her, that she will be turned into a new kitchen or somesuch, rather than another horse, and everyone takes it as a joke, but really, I dont think I AM joking.

I think I am really a lazy fair weather rider, in that I dont mind riding as long as I dont have to do all the faffy work before hand - I always forgot to check legs properly which is the main reason the horse used to get mud fever so 'quickly' I hadnt looked for it, so hadnt seen it. :( But, if I have lessons, my confidence levels will soar again, I will ride better, but....can I still really be arsed with the hassle of having a horse again? And I do see it as a hassle now. I love being able to come straight home after work, not getting involved with yard politics and being in a warm dry house on shitty days. I love having money - despite being in bigger mountains of debt, I am probably better off now that I was when I had the horse lol.

Apart from anything else, as my mother helpfully pointed out when I split up with my husband, I'm NOT getting any younger, while I dont particularly like other peoples children, my little clock IS ticking a bit louder....Then there's the house - it needs a lot of work doing on it, OH is on about buying another house to rent out, and...I dont know if I would have the spare money for another horse. And, at the moment, tbh, I'm not that fussed - my kids can have a pony.

Huh. Dont know where all that came from.

Anyway, let the diet commence!

About Me

I am FB *waves*. 27/F/UK. Fed up of being fat so have decided to make myself an online diary of how its going. Also probably featured within this here blog is my OH, my NeedyKitten and work, which is a petshop.